Wed 22 Jun 2011
Let’s try and understand the specific effects of Global warming on health.
- The number of deaths due to Heat waves is on the rise
- The already existing diseases are exacerbated due to the pollution
- People are developing allergies
- Immunity level is going down
- Infections are becoming resistant to medications and antibiotics
- Fatal variants of diseases like Dengue, Malaria and Diarrheal diseases are on the rise
- Energy levels of humans are going down
- Research has shown projected that climate change would increase cardio-respiratory morbidity and mortality associated with ground-level ozone
The list is an endless one… We, have in our mad rush to automatize everything, have already caused irreparable damage to the environment of earth. What can be done now is damage control! So instead of expecting the government or the corporate to do something let us take things in our own hands and make small changes in our lifestyle. It is not as if the government is not doing anything but if each of us individually add to the effort the results may be heartening.
So let us begin by switching of all the extra lights and air conditioners first. Even if you are stepping out of the room for few minutes please switch off every electrical appliance. Then again shut the engine of the car when stuck in traffic or at a signal. Avoid creating environmental damage in any form. Recycle; reuse and if possible do without disposables like Styrofoam and Plastic.
Switch to biodegradable products and that too when the usage is imperative. Do not waste paper as far as possible.
These simple changes in our lives will make a lot of difference to the Global warming scene on earth!