Sat 28 Jul 2012
Most of us are aware of the consequences alcohol consumption. Sadly, most of us choose to ignore them. Alcohol, which might make you ‘sociable’, is not good for the well-being of the body as well as the mind. The effects start from the first sip and you never know which one may be your last.
A couple of drinks can make basic human functions like talking and walking a difficult task. When you see a drunken lover professing his love to his beloved in a movie, it might seem exaggerated, however it’s true. A few drinks at a friend’s party may seem harmless, however the headache which occurs the morning after will be unbearable. The reason for this is the dehydrating effect alcohol has on the body which eventually leads to a major headache and nausea.
Hopefully, some of these reasons might dissuade a few from further alcohol consumption:
- A research has revealed that the calories consumed by having 5 pints a week are equal to that of consuming 221 doughnuts a year.
- Since alcohol is dehydrating it causes premature ageing, wrinkles and also dark circles under your eyes.
- Over consumption can lead to lung damage and a heart attack may follow.
- The second largest reason for the increase in the cases of lung and mouth cancer is alcohol consumption, first being smoking.
- Heavy drinkers are more likely to suffer from depression and isolation.
- The body losses its sensitivity to insulin which might cause type-2 diabetes.
Alcohol consumption on a daily basis might lead to addiction, which will only make matters worse. Many factors like age, gender, general health status etc. contribute to the extent to which alcohol affects the body. Abandon alcohol before it is too late.